One of the girls in my class did a poster on the design firm Invisible Creature. This, of course, got us onto the discussion of whether or not CD packaging was dead.I say no. But then again I'm a designer in love with print and crazy person who still doesn't like paying for digital downloads...So I still buy CDs. Flipping through some of the stuff from I.C. gave me hope that CD and vinyl packaging isn't dead, it is just aimed at a smaller audience who appreciates the physicality of it. These CDs were just too much fun to mess around with!
Pictured is one CD booklet that folded out into a game board with the CD itself functioning as a spinner. There was another that had a cut-out on the back label so when you put the CD in the case upside down it completed the composition.
I don't like most of the music...but I still wanted to buy the CDs just for the cool packaging.

No comments:
Post a Comment