

I had a pretty hellacious week and it is going to be a long weekend so I did what any sensible person would do. I went out for pizza and beer. J* and I went to BJ's and they had some new stuff on the menu. One of them was a Mediterranean Pizza which had pesto, tomatoes, olives, artichoke, pepporchinis and chicken. It was pretty good despite my dislike for non-traditional pizzas. The other was a pumpkin beer which they made for October. It sucked. It tasted like a slightly spoiled pumpkin pie in liquid form. The server said they toned down the pumpkin flavor for this year. Not sure it helped. Maybe a little more would have helped? Or some more hops? It was sorta in the middle of the taste range...Didn't taste like pie, didn't taste like beer, so it was just plain bad.

I had this afterwards. Much better. Nothing beats a good stout. Not many people like a filling beer like this, but I see it more as a 'dessert' or 'winding down the night' drink and I love it.
Hmm, looking at these I really need a small camera that is decent in low light. My cell just doesn't cut it...but it is more convenient to carry around than my SLR.

No comments:
Post a Comment