Friday, May 08, 2009

In your mailbox.


After weeks of drama the posters for the show have been sealed, labeled, and mailed. It felt really good to get them out. One step closer to being done!! If you didn't get one send me your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you. We start setup for the show Monday and I'm pretty jazzed to see how it all turns out. One week exactly 'till it opens.


We also got in our class shirts. Fuck yeah! Another thing that took us a while but was totally worth it. Funny side story...L* stabbed her index finger with an x-acto knife the other day and had a bandaid on it. This shirt was a prophecy!


I also helped de-install the Image and Idea show. It was pretty nice to see my work in a gallery and have people reading one of my books. Got some pretty good response to it. I loved the images and my concept for it, but I don't think I'll do a book that big again. It lost some of it's intimacy even though it let me be really expressive with some of the pages. And, if you were wondering...Yes, I sewed the images onto the page and gave the edges of my pages the treatment. Sometimes doing the needlework is my favorite part.

2 comments:

  1. nice book!!!!! sewing and van dyke are my favorite~
    i wish i can make something like that after the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Van Dykes are love. You should totally make another bear!

    ReplyDelete