
Decided to put together an anime night. This is just the invitation for the event I put up on FB...Posting it here because I can! We'll see if it turns out OK or I scare everyone off with my 'old' anime. Could be fun or it could be a disaster.
Let's get this rollin'
After the last time everyone came over and we ended up watching anime, D* suggested putting together a bi-weekly or monthly get together. I like the idea, so this is kinda our trial run of the Anime + Food night...Come for part of it or go insane staying the whole night.
So, let's get together, watch some cartoons, and eat some food! It'll be pot-luck style. I'll make something main course-ish and everyone else can bring sides, snacks, or whatever else. If it turns out we're missing something vital we can just walk over to Safeway and get it.
For anime....I've got lots of shows you all probably haven't seen, but if you have suggestions let's hear them.
Anyways, proposed schedule:
October 24th!
1 - 2:30: R.O.D. (Read or Die) OAV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH0zsABQiaQ
Think British Library+James Bond+X-Men vs re-incarnated historical and fictional characters. There was a TV series for it, but it wasn't quite as good.
2:30 - 3ish: Bubblegum Crisis 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNp7CN_Hqjo
Our old-school moment for the day. Practically required viewing in many people's books. Girls in power armor and transforming motorcycles vs cyborgs, rockin' 80's music, evil mega corps, and lots of Bladerunner references. It's a poor copy on a VHS tape but that just adds to it.
3ish - ? FOOD! Everyone should be here by now so we'll start. I'm thinking of making beef bourguignon. Made it before from a recipe out of The Country Cooking of France. Mom says she has a superior version. We'll see....Not sure which I'll make. So, fancy French stew + whatever else we come up with.
? - late: Revolutionary Girl Utena 1-13(?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL25C0H9vVw
(And because I like this ending) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZSgCvmkZCc
This'll get us through the first story arc. Rather bizarre show and one of my favorites. Girl gets ring as a child, decides to become a prince, goes to a school and gets caught up in duels to gain "the power to revolutionize the world," insanity follows. Has...well, just about everything in it (except robots) at some point or another. Tested it out on D*. He had no idea what was going on but all the pink didn't make his head explode so we should be good.

No comments:
Post a Comment