
Packed up more stuff for the move today. Spent most of it in nostalgia land again while I dug through my old stuff. These are some copies of Animage from 1999/2000. Gundam, Inu Yasha, and Cardcaptor Sakura...Shonen action and magical girls. Got me thinking about how much (or how little) has changed in anime over the last 10 years.

Also unearthed this little jem. My sketchbook from about 12 years ago! Lots of really bad sketches in it, but also lots of memories. This is a picture of one of the flyers I did for our club and a Ranma character guide I had started to work on. Right around the start of my interest in design before I really thought about making a career out of it. Funny thing is, I've started to swing back towards hand lettering things...

Made these bookmarks a couple years back. Didn't cut the linoleum block right so I never took it past the test printing phase. I still love printmaking and do them now and again. The cuts are messy but if you want one just let me know!

Ahhhh...My Comic Party doujin. I did scan and digitally letter this but there wasn't much interest at the time so I never printed any copies. Not sure what happened to the files or the script but I did find the thumbnails and a few notes so I could probably re-make it if I wanted to. Must be from around 2004 because it is on Deleter paper which I bought at Gamers.

Aaaand my signboards just before I boxed them up. Big thanks to the Bro Crew for getting me these and many other sketches over the years. Each one has their own crazy little back story of anime convention hi-jinks which makes me chuckle each time.

your entries called back my memory too XD. I had the Clow Card when i was in middle school but didn't bring it over with me when i came to US...but i still brought some posters i collected for years here(gundam,X,card captor sakura,dn angle,eva...)
ReplyDeletehow's your moving?