Tuesday, February 03, 2009

More food and photos


I'm sitting here right now sorting through all the photos I've taken for classes in the last few years. I'm a little amazed at how many I have. At the same time, I feel like I should have more. Hooray for overachievement! I need to do a little presentation of my work for a class as well as pitch an idea of what I want to do this semester. I know I want to do another book and use the vandyke process...but am still hazy on my specific content. Should be an interesting day.


Last week we went out for food after our first day back to class. We wanted garlic fries at GB but it was an hour wait. That place isn't worth waiting in line for so we went down the street to another place that just opened. It used to be an old jewelers, but the buildings recently went under renovations and now it is a bar type restaurant. I can't remember the name of the place and their napkins only said B.B.'s.


Most of their menu is appetizer food that you are supposed to share. It was OK tasting but nothing super amazing. Everything was around $7-$10 which is average for downtown. I'd go back, but nothing to rave about kind of thing. We got these pulled pork sliders. The pork was good but the buns were a little hard with an odd texture. Also, the fried potato strings looked nice but we're impossible to actually eat.


We also got a flat bread with tomatoes, mushrooms, and pesto. My favorite of the evening. The Calamari was pretty good as well. They had the squid along with fried veggies and lemon slices. Six beers and three appetizers for three people filled us and came out to around $60. A little expensive to go to on a student budget but it was our first night back so why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment