Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back at it.


Towards the end of my break I was spending way too much time just killing time on the internet. So I basically shut it off and went outside...Or played Persona 4. Gods, that game sucked out my soul for a good 80 hours, and I liked it. That is why I haven't been around much anymore. Anyways, I'm back to school and hopefully back to regularly blogging.


Shiz had mentioned that I start a B. Can Cook series (to go along with her Shiz can't cook) so here we go. A while back I borrowed a country French cookbook from the Library. There was a recipe for baked egg breakfast thing (I forget its actual name) that was really good so I make it now and then. It is super easy and tastes pretty good.


First thing is to chop up some shallot (or onion I suppose). I had some leeks left over from making soup so I chopped up some greens to put in there. The original called for little bite sized bits of bread as well but all I had was multi-grain...which I found doesn't go to well inside the dish. Put all this in a skillet with butter, salt + pepper and fry it up.


Divide it up into into little ramekins and crack an egg over top of it. The recipe said to just pour a couple tablespoons of cream over the top, but I saw someone online add parmesan and it tastes really good with it. Put a paper towel in the bottom of a pan, pour boiling water in, and stick the whole thing in the oven (at 375) for about 10 minutes. In the last minute or so kick on the broiler to brown the cheese.

Voila! Sounds complicated but it isn't. Only takes 20 minutes or so. The white of the egg should be set but the yolk should still be runny. You can kinda see one of my new coffee mugs in the back. The Broccoli folks sent me another package of goods to clutter my otaku den with. They included more Medical Mechanica mugs and some Melty Blood mugs to add to my collection. Yay for useful fan goods!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks yummy.
    Me? I haven't cooked in a while. Sat & I have been really into the sandwich maker again... grilled cheese sandwich. Mmmmmm~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandwich makers rock! We used to have one when I was a kid. Maybe I should make a grilled cheese tomorrow as well. Good memories...

    Breakfast grilled cheese with egg? Maybe.

    ReplyDelete