
If you remember, the other day I screened a shirt with Max Headroom for my class' 80's party. I did the design in like an hour or two but I kinda liked it. I mixed a bunch of ink and had some left over so I decided to play with putting it on paper today.

It came out OK on this one, but some other papers it didn't go so well. I have some Arches 88 here somewhere...I might dig it out tomorrow and try again. My ink was too thick so I thinned it out a bit and it went better. Part of my problem was the sizing in the paper wasn't letting the ink absorb fast enough so the print came out splotchy or blurred a lot of the time. The Arches should fix that.

I also marathoned all of Gurren Lagann yesterday. It was a pretty good series as far as giant robot shows go. Fun characters, lots and lots of fighting, a few good twists, and decent animation. I like all the crazy colors that Gainax puts into their explosions and backgrounds but it was a little too much some times. Too many fast cuts back to back with mechs zooming all over the place. Still a good show though.
It might have been better with a whole group of people to watch it with. I don't know if anyone else would up for O.D.ing on anime though. It is kinda a strange otaku habit of mine that most people I know probably aren't in to.
Maybe I'll get so smoked cheese and re-watch all of Haruhi again. But the big question there is watch it in order or the broadcast order? I kinda like watching them out of order. Or maybe I'll destroy my mind and watch Lain and Haibane Renmei again...Or Fate/Stay Night for the Saber.
Oh, I also got my new camera in. The only complaint so far is that the screen could be a little better. I got spoiled by me DSLR. But, it is small, light, takes decent pictures, and has some nice features which is what I was looking for. I used it to take these pictures today.
Another problem is that I'm out of pockets now. Start carrying my man bag again? So European! haha. I did it when I commuted to SF all the time and it was super handy. Camera, sketchbook, manga, phone, food, and all my other crap fit in it pretty well. But it was cheap and pretty much fell apart after the summer. I'll need a better one.

No comments:
Post a Comment