
Last night we had a fundraising party. We did one over the summer and it went really well so we decided to do another this winter. Last time it was just a part but this time we decided to give it an 80's theme. In general, I don't like popular 80's fashions but decided to play along and go all out.
I didn't take a pic of my whole outfit but these were my shoes. My concept for it was Punky Brewster and Robert Smith's bastard love child with a blue theme. So, black pants, big hair with way too much product, jeans jacket, and some neon blue and green colors. I even got my nails painted to match a bit. Basically, I ended up looking like some scene/emo kid.I even went into Safeway dressed like that to buy veggies and didn't get a second glance from anybody in there. It was a little surreal since I thought I looked rather silly.
(I'm going to start implementing the Laughing Man in order to protect the sometimes innocent. It's too bad the website that automatically did it is down now...)More of the girls dressed up than the boys but it is to be expected. Guys 80's fashion is a bit harder to pin down and we tend to not dress as outlandishly as girls anyways. We're too afraid to look stupid.

The night went really well. I was there until the wee hours of the morning and had lots of fun. Somehow I ended up bar tending. I don't know squat about mixing drinks but did OK. Just made 'em strong which people seemed to like. There were 3 or 4 types of rum on hand so lots of rum and cokes. I stuck mainly to the beer but did have one glass of wine.
Good drinks, fun people, emulated Nintendo and Sega games on the Wii, pool, and food. If you didn't come, shame on you! Really missed out.
***
In other news, I ordered a small point and shoot camera to carry around with me. It should be here this week some time. That (possibly) means no more crappy cell phone pictures of food. I don't think I have enough pockets though...

No comments:
Post a Comment