Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Processing time


I've had a bunch of film sitting in my drawer waiting to be processed for a few months now. Finally did something about it. My chemicals were all expired so I went to Kamera Korner to get some new ones. They had a used double 120 canister and extra reel on sale for $20 so I got it. Lucky! Doing all of these rolls one at a time would have taken forever.


Check out the cool old packaging on the extra reel! It even had the original instructions inside it.

I noticed a sign saying that Kamera Korner was closing out all their processing chemicals...And after talking to one of the girls working there it sounds like they are closing shop soon. This sucks. It is also a little odd to me since I always saw at least one other person in there when I went and it is the main place students got their supplies...but we do get fewer now that beginning photo is digital. Yet another sign of the changing times I suppose.

It means SJ Camera now has a monopoly on the stuff in town. I don't like them. They always gave me attitude when I was in there. Very much an get your stuff and get out type of place. Maybe I'll have to start driving farther or ordering online now.

Everyone has also stopped carrying Van Dyke solution in town so to the internet I go. It is hard being into 19th century stuff in the 21st century.


Anyways, processing at home is super easy. I just load all my film in my closet at night and process it in my kitchen sink. It's a stainless steel sink so I don't worry too much about it. When the semester starts back up I take my used fixer and let the school recycle it for me. Then I hang the film to dry in my bathroom on some bent coat hangars. I just put little clips on the bottom so they dry straight. Never had a problem with dust and all that.

There was a roll from Fanime, some ComiCon, random forest stuff, and another I forgot where I took it at. Three more rolls to go. One from Yaoi-Con, one from the rose garden, and another mystery roll.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the B&W process~
    but i can't do that at my apt since i share the kitchen and bathroom with my roommates~
    and i did locked myself in the bathroom with low light when i was doing the alt.photo projects...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Yeah, having roommates could be a problem. They might come in and turn on a light while loading the film! Maybe set a time with them when the kitchen isn't being used much? I tend to do mine after 10PM...So late!

    I still have a bug light in my desk lamp from alt.photo. haha

    ReplyDelete