
Oh, Thanksgiving. How I love you for your overindulgence in food. Such a good day but so fattening.
I went to my Aunt's house down the street again this year. We had turkey (of course), mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, yams, broccoli, asparagus, croissants, and wine...followed by both apple and pumpkin pie with whipped cream and coffee. All this for just three people. Totally stuffed and happy with plenty of left-overs! This is a pic of the aftermath. My cousin had gone off to take a nap and my aunt was prepping the coffee at the time. Yes, I know you're supposed to have white wine with bird, but we're hopelessly addicted to the reds.
Gods my aunt is a good cook. Everything was moist and delicious. After we ate one of her neighbors brought over some home made egg rolls fresh from the deep fryer. We made sure she left with some turkey and stuffing in exchange. Nice day today. Now for a weekend of hell.

No comments:
Post a Comment