
Well, it's official. I found out this week that my friends out at Broccoli Books are being forced to close shop due to the economy and a myriad of other things. This is really a bummer for me because I had so much fun working with them all over the last few years. They gave me my first design internship, let me tag along with their escapades at conventions, and let me work on some really fun titles. Not really sure what else to say about this...I could rant about any number of things but I'm not going to.
Pictured are some of the books I did the lettering and layout for...Including my printout of GA Party 3. Hmm...Maybe I should bind it myself now that it'll never get an official release. Make a one of a kind copy? I also tried to find the U.S. version Koi Cupid for this photo. It took me a while to realize that my mom borrowed a bunch of my manga the last time she was in town and never gave it back. Hey! I wonder if there are still copies in the bookstore so I can go grab one.
That also reminds me. Maybe I should go buy some Viz books too so I can have copies of the ads I did while I was there. They should be out now.

I'll send you several copies of the books you worked on, so you'll have them for your portfolio.
ReplyDeleteThanks Shizuki! That'll really help out because I went to the bookstore and couldn't find the ones I was missing...
ReplyDelete