
Lazy weekend. I did a lot but it still feels like I was pretty lazy...But I'm working away now! The highlight (for me at least) was on Friday when I made some Beef Bourguinonne.Despite the fancy French name it was really easy to make. I tried a recipe for it that I found on Williams Sonoma's website and it came out really good. It doesn't look too appealing in this picture but stews generally don't photograph well.
One thing I liked about it was that it used turnips instead of potatoes. I honestly can't remember the last time I ate turnips. They had the same consistency of a golden potato but were a little more...tangy? Not sure. The food describing part of my brain doesn't seem to be working right now. It didn't call for carrots but I had two so I tossed them in there as well. I doubt they changed the flavor too much.

Looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteYou should start a "Brian Can Cook" series on your blog ^__^
Haha, I totally should! I love cooking a lot but rarely have the time to do much of it lately. I normally do quick easy stuff I already know how to make. Perhaps over break I'll make it a regular series.
ReplyDeleteI do have a French cookbook on my Christmas wishlist this year. Maybe some stuff out of that?