I felt like getting out for a while today. I went down to the art supply store to buy a screen printing kit but they didn't have them discounted so I left empty handed. I got one much cheaper (35% off) online.After that I decided to go visit the little rose garden downtown. It was nice to wander around it. I loaded my Holga with SFX film and snapped a few pictures. The ambiance isn't as elegant as the Huntington (the landing airplanes kill it) but I'm glad there is one nearby. They did have a few bushes that were donated by the Huntington Library so it is like a little bit of home up here. Now I really want tea and scones. I thought about just siting there and doing nothing all day but there is work to be done so I came home after an hour or two. FYI, the rose in the picture is called Futura. I got a kick out of that...
I also think I'm getting sick again. This sucks...I've been getting sick a lot lately.

I haven't been to Huntingon Library in a long time. The roses are still in bloom in winter?
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself.
It's getting cold in LA too. But it's supposed to go up to 90 degrees on Friday. Weird.
I love the Huntington. The last time I went was with my Mom when their cactus garden turned 100. In 2007?
ReplyDeleteThere always seem to be some roses in bloom year round on campus. Maybe it is because the weather in California is so mild? Of course there are more in summer.